The BARIATRIC SORRENTO™ has been designed to accommodate those with increased body weight and physical size. Seating for bariatric clients should take into consideration the weight of the client, the body proportions, physical dimensions, range of moment, mobility and transfers. The needs of the caregiver should also be incorporated into the design of the chair.
The BARIATRIC SORRENTO™ is created and built with strength and durability at the forefront of design and will support users up to a 45 stone weight limit.
With its adaptability and effortless adjustment the BARIATRIC SORRENTO™ can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of a user or readjusted to suit the needs of a new user meaning their comfort, posture and pressure management remain uncompromised. With that in mind, the Bariatric lends itself easily to multi-user environments. Removable arms can assist with side transferring or sling application and removal.
Powered tilt in space and back angle recline can be used to improve posture, comfort and to redistribute pressure. This can also be converted to include forward tilt for rehabilitation or in self transferring situations. The adjustable back and recline will accommodate users with reduced hip flexion and when used in combination with tilt in space can prevent sliding from the chair. The features are controlled by powered adjustment which facilitates effortless adjustment by the client or carer
- Fully Motorised as standard
- Seat width ranging from 550mm up to 750mm
- Stronger castors with increased weight limit *
- Directional lock castor front left as standard (for ease of movement with heavier weight)
- Wider footplate and calf pad as standard
- Heavy duty actuators
- Waterfall back as standard (fibre filling can be removed or adjusted from pillows, particularly the bottom to accomodate posterior mass and ensure maximum contact with clients back & backrest)
* 45 Stone weight limit
Comes Standard with:
- A removable pressure relief cushion and integrated base board (should cushion upgrade be required in the future)
- All patient contact surfaces supported with Visco memory foam
- Push Handle with rubber grips
- Hoist Accessible
- 2 Brake Castors
- Paediatric / Standard Models Available
Options / Accessories:
- Removable Arm Covers (with optional inserts to reduce seat width or provide support)
- Lateral Supports / Leg Lateral Supports
- Safety Lap Belts / Pelvic Positioners